New Facebook format – a legit one this time 🙂
Looks like Zucky (this is how he lets me call him, we are bros), Mark Zuckerberg for you peasant pirates is really busy these last few months, financial reporting is right around the corner 🙂
You ask why? Well, looks like we have another ad format LIVE and ready for pillaging of the newsfeed sea of meme posts and stupid statuses.
What is it exactly and how does it work?
Its a new ad format as I already mentioned, but I didnt mention its only for mobile devices. The ad format features a image, video, slideshow or a group of linked product images aka collection.
When you click on one of the images, an effect similar to canvas ads loads up and when you click there, you are redirected to the URL. Sounds cool, right? Because it is.
How to set it up?
Note: If you want to use the new ads collection, you first need to create a product catalog and have a product feed. I wont write how to do this, since a lot of free how to articles exist on several million blogs. Use them.
The setup is really easy if you have the dynamic ads up and running, so you have to follow these simple steps.
- From Power Editor or Ads Manager, you’ll want to use either the Conversions or Traffic objectives.
- At the ad level, select the “Collection” format option. It is the last option on the slider, assuming you have it (it’s a roll-out!)
- Add an image, video or slideshow. This is what will appear above the product images — its the main star in your ad. For images,use a 1.91:1 aspect ratio and 1200 x 628 pixels (as always). For videos, Facebook suggests 1:1 or 16:9 aspect ratios.
- Follow the simple Facebook interface and you are good to go. Be sure to include the product set (its the feed broken down into segments).
- I would have more how to points but its 4 AM here and Im a lazy pirate.
How old is it?
Zucky began rolling it out on March 23rd and it still rolling out in some countries.
What to do with the collection? How to use it?
Im a big fan of video ads, but they have one big drawback, they tend to lose some clicks and they end up being just views. I have no direct use for those damn people 🙂
With collections, you could try to get them in with the video and get them with the products later. Its like a trip wire video ad with some extra candy.
Also, when using images, it gets a pretty big exposure on the news feed and because of the novelty, the interrupt level *trademarked is still damn high!
Enjoy and test, test, test and test,